As mission-critical IBM i applications have been developed and maintained over decades, the challenges faced by a modern IBM i developer today are very different from 30 years ago. During that time multiple changes to the code base and evolution of coding standards can cause code quality to suffer – putting your enterprise at risk of technical debt.
Security vulnerabilities can also creep into source code as IBM i database logic is exposed to external applications and devices. Further, if coding defects reach production, they can cause costly downtime and damage the reputation of your business.
In our Webinar, you will learn how to combine static code analysis, developer-side unit testing, functional regression testing and code coverage analysis to automate a secure ‘quality gate’ for your IBM i applications:
- Automate the detection of quality and security flaws in RPG and COBOL code
- Generate, execute and manage unit tests automatically
- Make code checking and unit testing a continuous part of your DevOps cycle
- Catch defects at the database and source line level, interactive or batch
- Ensure test effectiveness through code coverage analysis
Guard against IBM i technical debt. Register Now!