IBM Merlin powered by Arcad
What is IBM Merlin?
IBM Merlin (Modernization Engine for Lifecycle Integration) is a strategic platform enabling IBM i customers to modernize both their heritage applications and development processes via DevOps. Merlin was built on Red Hat OpenShift to take advantage of a modern Hybrid Cloud world.
What are the key benefits of Merlin for IBM i Customers?
Merlin allows IBM i applications to realize the value of hybrid cloud and multi-platform CI/CD pipelines. The modernization tooling within Merlin helps IBM i developers to create next generation applications leveraging the existing investment in traditional systems often written in RPG & Cobol. RESTful interface connections and enterprise messaging technologies allow developers to add new business value to IBM i applications.
Merlin offers some key advantages to IBM i developers:
- Access to industry standard DevOps tools (e.g. Git, Jenkins, VS Code etc) enabling common development tooling across platforms
- Automated Modernization of old Fix Format RPG into modern Free Format
- Modern Cloud base IDE – develop across multiple platforms using the industry standard VS Code
- Application Discovery and Analysis – increase developer productivity
- Reduce the learning curve with industry standard modern tooling enabling your next generation developers
- Intuitive UI with auto-complete, syntax highlighting, debugging, and more…
- Secure deployment of IBM i applications and infrastructure
- Vast ecosystem of extensions – add functionality for multiple languages and frameworks
Why use Merlin?
“Traditional” IBM i developers can more rapidly and easily adopt VS Code, Git, CI/CD and concurrent development with the fewest possible changes in their daily processes.
Developers “new to IBM i” reduce their learning curve and enable them to contribute to RPG development and access the DB2 database.
Today, ARCAD extensions offer the following features:
Powered by ARCAD technology for IBM i, the Merlin platform helps software developers realize the value of hybrid cloud and multi-platform DevOps implementation.
Merlin allows you to automate and optimize an intelligent build while accelerating your CI/CD cycle.
The tool also exposes native IBM i functions as RESTful interfaces and manages your enterprise message technologies.
With a browser-based IDE and Red Hat CodeReady workspaces, your new developers can start to bridge the talent gap by taking advantage of modern tooling and a familiar environment.
TRIAL VERSION / DEMO
Request a trial version or a session in our sandbox!