Unit testing is arguably the most effective element of your testing strategy, driving the quality of your application as it is being developed. Yet how can unit testing benefit legacy applications on IBM i – and Converting from Synon CA 2E to a modern language? There are many good reasons to take this step. As well as a critical shortage of Synon skills, applications developed in the 4GL environment are unable to access many key technology advances in the IBM i o/s; and though a leader in its day, the Synon CASE tool is incompatible with modern DevOps and concurrent development.
Join Tim Rowe, Philippe Magne, Ray Bernardi and Brian May to learn why a conversion to Freeform RPG is a risk-free and high-performance option that leverages the architecture of the original Synon application – retaining all the reliability and security advantages of the host platform.
In our Webinar, we will share a secure, automated migration path for business applications developed in Synon CA 2E:
- 100% automated conversion to modern Freeform RPG and DDL (SQL)
- Guaranteed conversion accuracy with test automation process
- Modern full DevOps framework for delivery
- Possible modernization of the user interface during the project
- Risk free, fixed price Modernization as a Service (MaaS)
- Leverage the competitive advantage within your Synon application.