For over a decade Crosskey had been relying on a traditional 3rd party change management tool for their RPG development. This tool was falling behind the technology advances in the IBM i platform itself:
- certain objects such as SQL and ILE required significant manual effort
- managing parallel versions for specific customers was very complex and time-consuming
- the number of target environments was limited
- compliance issues: teams encountered difficulties assigning different authorities in different libraries
- application build and deploy required manual intervention, increasing the risk of errors in production
- in-house developed scripts were costly and difficult to maintain
Since migrating to ARCAD for DevOps, IBM i teams at Crosskey have achieved each of their DevOps objectives. The teams estimate they have reduced delivery times by a factor of 3 and already saved 25% of developer effort thanks to the greater automation and modern interface.