Core business applications developed in RPG or COBOL on IBM i (aka iSeries, AS/400) are often mission-critical, leveraging the reliability, security and low TCO of the underlying platform.
However, standard enterprise DevSecOps tools lack the technology needed to manage IBM i and its multiple language variants. This leads to technology ‘silos’ and skill depletion, putting key business functions at risk. To bridge the technology gap and foster innovation, it is vital that RPG and COBOL development teams share the same industry-standard DevOps tooling as used for front-end and Web development.
In this Webinar, we will demonstrate how to use integrated HCL Software and ARCAD solutions to achieve a single, end-to-end DevSecOps pipeline across all development platforms, including IBM i:
- Manage versions of RPG, COBOL, CL, DDS/DDL code using Git and Jenkins
- ‘Shift Left’: automate IBM i dependency build, code quality check, unit test and functional test
- Check continuously for security vulnerabilities
- Deploy legacy and distributed applications in sync with rollback on error
- Monitor and tune your ‘value stream’ on IBM i to align with business demands
Leverage your IBM i assets. Watch now!