Ever felt that moving from traditional IBM i development to DevOps with Git was too big a challenge?
BWI, one of the largest independent distributors of garden products in the U.S., has the experience to prove the contrary.
With a dedicated IBM i team nearing retirement age, it became urgent to upgrade IBM i development techniques and prepare for new developers coming on board. With the right preparation, over a few short months, BWI was able to transition from a mono-LPAR environment and in-house change management to an automated end-to-end DevOps cycle using Git, Jira and ARCAD tools.
All traditional IBM i developers have adopted Git, appreciating the automation, change tracking and fully documented process. Now that IBM i and Web teams “speak the same language”, software delivery is faster and more secure.
In our Webinar, Simone Culp, Sr. Software Engineer and Data Analyst at BWI will present their project and the keys to successful Git adoption on IBM i, including:
- Integrated, all-in-one DevOps process for IBM i
- Simplified feature branching with Git
- Secure process and transfer between environments
- Traceability - linkage between Jira helpdesk request and code changes
- Team collaboration – bridging the silos between IBM i and Web development
Join the BWI team and ARCAD Software to learn key tips and techniques for your successful move to Git on IBM i.