24 April - 27 April
The COMMON community will gather again in-person to enjoy learning high quality IBM i education, networking with peers, industry experts, and solution providers, and growing together as a whole.
- DevOps is not a 4-letter Word – by Andrew Clark
- Get Started with GIT and Version Control: Automating DevOps for the IBM i with Jenkins – by Jeff Tickner
- Git branch management for IBM i source; I want JUST the changes – by Jeff Tickner
- Merlin and VS Code: Powerful Options for Next Gen Apps – by Andrew Clark and Liam Allan – Advisory Software Engineer / Visual Studio Code fellow, IBM
- Next Gen Apps: Cloud – What Makes Sense on IBM i – by Andrew Clark
- Next Gen Apps: Getting your Code Ready – by Andrew Clark and Jeff Tickner
- Next Gen : Automating your Test Environment, the RIGHT Way – by Alan Ashley and Jeff Tickner
Are you ready to POWERUp? Mark your calendars for April 24-27 to join ARCAD Software spatialistes for education, networking and scenic views in Mile High City – Denver!!
Our speakers :
DevOps Manager, ARCAD Software
Andrew Clark has been working on the IBM i platform for more than 30 years, beginning with the “secret Mankato Project” on a pre-release version of os/400, and an internship at IBM Rochester working on the Query team. He has development expertise in more than a dozen languages on multiple platforms, as well as a background in green-screen, Windows, mobile and web development. His major responsibilities included coordinating developers from four different offices in three different continents while still maintaining Architect responsibilities. He is proficient at everything DB/SQL on IBM i, and has extensive experience in the entire DevOps lifecycle.
CTO, ARCAD Software
Jeff Tickner is CTO, North America for ARCAD Software. He has worked in the Application Lifecyle Management sector on the IBM i for 22 years. He leads client engagements in product implementation and training, including ARCAD for DevOps, ARCAD Transformer for application modernization, and ARCAD Verifier test automation. Jeff lends his expertise in the DevTestOps field as frequent speaker at conferences around the world.
Solution Architect, ARCAD Software
Alan has been in support and promotion of the IBM i platform for over 30 years and is the Presales Consultant for DevOps on IBM i role with ARCAD Software. Prior to joining ARCAD Software, he spent many years in multiple roles within IBM from supporting customers through HA to DR to Application promotion to migrations of the IBM i to the cloud. In those roles, he saw first hand the pains many have with Application Lifecycle Management, modernization, and data protection. His passion in those areas fits right in with the ARCAD suite of products.