When you combine Arcad for DevOps and Azure DevOps, you get a winning combination for both the IBM i and the non-IBM i teams. Even before we get to the winning combination, let’s look at Azure DevOps and Arcad’s Plugins for Azure DevOps.
1. First off, let’s start with Azure DevOps:
1. End-to-End DevOps Solution: Azure DevOps provides a comprehensive suite of tools covering the entire DevOps lifecycle, from planning and coding to building, testing, and deployment. This integrated approach streamlines collaboration and ensures a seamless development process.
2. Version Control and Collaboration: With Azure Repos, teams can efficiently manage and track changes to their code. The built-in version control system supports Git, enabling collaborative development with features like pull requests, branching, and code reviews, fostering a more efficient and organized coding environment.
3. Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, and Continuous Deployment. (CI/CT/CD): Azure Pipelines allows for automated build, testing, and deployment of applications across different platforms. This not only accelerates the release cycle but also enhances the reliability of the software by automating repetitive tasks and reducing the risk of human error.
4. Agile Planning and Tracking: Azure Boards facilitates agile project management by providing tools for backlog management, sprint planning, and work item tracking. It allows teams to stay organized, prioritize tasks, and adapt to changing requirements, ensuring a more responsive and agile development process.
5. Extensive Integration and Extensibility: Azure DevOps seamlessly integrates a wide range of third-party tools and services. This extensibility allows teams to use their preferred tools while still benefiting from the advantages of Azure DevOps. Whether it’s integrating with popular IDEs, testing frameworks, or deployment targets, Azure DevOps can adapt to different development ecosystems